[OpenAFS] Directory layout for new cells

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
15 Nov 2000 17:52:33 -0500

Sam Hartman <hartmans@MIT.EDU> writes:

> afs-rootvol and afs-newcell are separate because afs-rootvol requires
> tokens and afs-newcell runs before tokens can exist.

That only implies that you need to setup your ptserver before you do
the rest.  Nothing says you can't already have libafs loaded in your
kernel.  So, I sstill don't see why they have to be two separate
scripts.

> I do not plan to package kaserver unless I get significant requests
> from the Debian community to do so.  I would hate to accidentally
> encourage the spread of krb4 at this point in time.

Fair enough.  I would at least package the ka client software.

> I'm currently working on interactive scripts but will add command line
> options.

Sounds like a reasonable approach.

> Doing debconf integration and not doing the cell setup at install time
> seems silly.  Even if I do debconf integration, I'll have scripts that
> can run interactively so they can be run after install time because
> that will certainly need to be an option I need to support.

Ok. :)

-derek