[OpenAFS] "vos create" problem

Mitch Collinsworth mitch@ccmr.cornell.edu
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 07:09:48 -0400 (EDT)

"Something bad" is happening here.  At the moment you ran these commands,
salvager was running, which isn't necessarily bad in itself.  Salvager is
to volumes like fsck is to partitions.  It's just cleaning up the mess
that was left when fileserver died unexpectedly.  Once salvager finishes
bos will fire up fileserver and volserver and then you _should_ be in
business.

However...  Your status command suggests the servers are probably failing
to run and dumping core (49 proc starts).  You need to find out why this
is.  Check the contents of your log files for any clues left there.

-Mitch