[OpenAFS] linux 2.4.2

Jeremy Katz katzj@linuxpower.org
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:18:59 -0700

--jousvV0MzM2p6OtC

On Wednesday, April 18 2001, David Brumley said:
> has anyone got afs to successfully run on linux 2.4.2  (redhat 7.1)
> kernel?  I got it to compile without problems, but after loading any
> access to afs just makes the machine spin.  During shutdown, it can't
> release the lock, so it just hangs.

There are a few changes in the ac kernels (and in the Red Hat 2.4.2-2)
which make changes which break OpenAFS since openafs includes a
duplicate of the inode struct.  Patches to get it working are in my
current package (which does differ somewhat from the stock packages due
to some of the stuff related to the environment here at NCSU) at
ftp://kickstart.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/realmkit/realmkit-7.1/SRPMS/RealmKit/ope=
nafs*.
I do have a report from someone that it doesn't work on SMP though, but
I haven't had a chance to look into that yet.
=20
Jeremy

--=20
Jeremy Katz
katzj@linuxpower.org	| jlkatz@eos.ncsu.edu
http://linuxpower.org	| Developer, NCSU Realm Kit for Red Hat Linux
GPG fingerprint: 367E 8B6B 5E57 2BDB 972A 4D73 C83C B4E8 89FE 392D

--jousvV0MzM2p6OtC

--jousvV0MzM2p6OtC--