[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Intel's IA64 Architecture

Phil.Moore@morganstanley.com Phil.Moore@morganstanley.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:04:38 -0400 (EDT)

Phil> Can someone let me know what the status of the 64 bit port for
Phil> IA64 is?  Has this been done?  Is anyone working on it yet?

Chas> we have some ia64's here but we havent had a chance to power
Chas> them on yet.  once we do, openafs will be right there at the top
Chas> of the list.

Derek> As far as I know nobody has started working on it, yet,
Derek> probably due to lack of IA64 hardware.  I was offered some
Derek> hardware to do a port, but as this would be done in my free
Derek> time I haven't had that time to follow through, yet.

Phil> Well, we do have some ia64 boxes, so maybe I'll try to work on this
Phil> here as well.

Phil> If anyone else does get started on this, let me know.  I'll volunteer
Phil> our hardware for additional testing.

Actually, one other question....

What code base would be wisest to use as a starting point?  Is there a
downloadable snapshot of the latest CVS repository, or should I just
work with 1.0.3?

I was under the impression that 1.0.4 was coming roon anyway.