[OpenAFS] Industrial Strength AFS usage?

Jeffrey E. Sussna jsussna@mongonet.net
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:06:54 -0700

I need distributed file system functionality for a very high-performance,
enterprise-grade application consisting of something on the order of 1000
processing nodes. I am new to AFS, and wonder whether it has been
successfully used in such environments. Any good/bad anecdotes would be
appreciated. I can standardize on a single OS for the file system servers
but must support Solaris, Linux, and WinNT clients. Linux as the AFS server
platform would be ideal from my perspective.

TIA,
Jeff

Jeffrey E. Sussna
Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of Engineering
MongoNet, Inc.
990 Columbus Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94133
+1 415.674.7707