[OpenAFS] Industrial Strength AFS usage?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:12:31 -0400

On Friday, April 20, 2001 16:06:54 -0700, jsussna@mongonet.net wrote:
+----
| I need distributed file system functionality for a very high-performance,
| enterprise-grade application consisting of something on the order of 1000
| processing nodes. I am new to AFS, and wonder whether it has been
+--->8

There are a number of *very* large AFS-using sites around; that was why it
was created in the first place.  However, if you need distributed record
locking, AFS doesn't provide it (and for databases you really want a
database server, not a shared-access database file).

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
allbery@kf8nh.apk.net system administrator        [WAY too many hats]