[OpenAFS] Authentication problems with 1.0.4

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:41:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Chas Williams wrote:

> >Make the time correct and I bet it does. If necessary tell your computer
> >it lives in Greenwich, England, and that it's the appropriate UTC time.
> >See if it works. This at least puts you on the right track.
>
> hmmm... that was the problem strangely enough.  i was 5.5 minutes off
> from the 'right' time.  this is rather strange though because different
> cells give different errors, either 'clock skew too great' or the
> mysterious 'error 37'

Error 37 is the standard krb error, I think I harassed Transarc to make it
return this like a Kerberos KDC does instead of the ubiquitous 20
KDC_GEN_ERR it returned before. You should only get it from the Kerberos
and not from the Ka interface. It was probably introduced in late 3.5 or
in 3.6

-D