[OpenAFS] Setting the setacl on newly created volumes

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:56:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Default wrote:

> Each of the AFS command suites has two or three 'ordinary user' functions, two
> or three 'ordinary admin' functions, and a half-dozen 'emergency' functions.
> As an example, consider a few commands in the fs suite: (1) setacl, listacl,
> listquota, checkservers. (2) *mount, *serverprefs, setquota, whereis. (3)
> setcachesize, flush*
>  Every once in a while I toy with the idea of writing an alternative set of
> command suites that are more task-oriented. It just never reaches the top of
> the list.

That would be the logical thing to do, rather than perverting what (in my
opinion, I can't prove it) were never intended to be clients oriented
toward end users or even normal admins, but instead sample clients to
demonstrate functionality.

-D