[OpenAFS] Strange Behavior of Openafs-1.1.1

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 14:47:35 +0100 (BST)

On 2 Aug 2001, Derek Atkins wrote:

> So you compiled OpenAFS 1.1.1 from source on your system
> against kernel 2.4.7, installed the module, and it still
> didn't work?  Does the module actually load properly?
> Does AFS actually get mounted?  Did you "mkdir /afs" before
> you ran afsd?

FWIW, I _do_ have a working OpenAFS 1.1.1 module for a vanilla 2.4.7
kernel, compiled from your kernel-source RPM.  I can't say I've used it
heavily, but I understand they'll be building machines for incoming
graduate students at the end of the week, so we'll find out real soon
whether it's stable.

-- Jeff