[OpenAFS] Problem with starting up Open AFS.

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:32:39 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Madhusudan Singh wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > 	I have only /usr/src/redhat, nothing else in /usr/src.
>
> and /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build?
>
> anyhow, then you need to install more packages, if you have the
> kernel-headers rpm, then install the kernel-source binary bpm (i386.rpm or
> the like) for your platform.

I'm pretty sure that the problem here is in fact that what you need is not
kernel-headers, which contains header files in /usr/include that derive
from the Linux kernel.  What you need to install is kernel-source, which
contains the kernel source tree, including the actual headers used to
compile the kernel.  Once you've installed the kernel-source RPM, you'll
have a /usr/src/linux-<version> that contains what you need.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer