[OpenAFS] Question.

Madhusudan Singh chhabra@eecs.umich.edu
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:00:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
	I upgraded my kernel (its now 2.4.3-12) and finally configured
openafs and compiled it.

	I wish to set up my machine to accept kerberos authentication
against the AFS servers in my cell (engin.umich.edu). I went through the
steps of setting up the client machine
(doc/html/QuickStartUnix/auqbg005.htm#HDRWQ50). /afs cache has been
created and I manually started afsd. (It did not start in boot up.). I
used the pam_afs.krb.so.1 library in /lib/security.

	Now when I come to the test of basic functionality, I find that I
need to issue /usr/afs/bin/klog command. This tree was not created as I
did not set up a server. So, I just used the location of the binaries to
access these commands (klog and token) :
/usr/local/src/openafs-1.1.1/i386_linux24/dest/bin

I guessed that I need to use the klog.krb version of klog. Sure enough, I
was able to authenticate (there was some time delay - 5 seconds or so) :

[root@guo bin]# ./klog.krb chhabra
Password:
[root@guo bin]# ./tokens.krb

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 119589) tokens for afs@engin.umich.edu [Expires Aug 13
07:33]
User chhabra's tokens for krbtgt.ENGIN.UMICH.EDU@engin.umich.edu [Expires
Aug 13 07:33]
   --End of list--

So, it seems to work. Now my question is :
Is it possible to use this authentication right at the console login ? I
guess I would have to add the binaries to my system path in some fashion
(maybe copy them all over to /usr/bin or some such place).

Is it simply a matter of activating the initialisation script ?

Thanks,

Madhusudan Singh.