[OpenAFS] Stat cache slowness on RH 7.1?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
16 Aug 2001 14:05:47 -0400

Well, I've got the same code running on a desktop and a laptop.
The laptop has a faster processor, faster bus, and more memory,
but it is still much slower than the desktop.  The only difference
I can really point my finger at would be:
	a) the network (pcmcia vs. PCI), and
	b) Disk I/O

Using pathchar, it looks like I'm getting 6.7Mb out of the laptop and
9.8Mb out of the desktop.  However, both machines are sitting behind
the same 1.5Mb link, so I can't imagine it being the network.

-derek