[OpenAFS] server can't mount itself

Stotler, John jstotler@quelsys.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:03:20 -0400

I now have 2 servers running, one in production and one in QA.

Both of them had no problems for quite a while, but have recently developed
the same problem.

I can mount the AFS shares on any system on the network, except the server
itself.

This error pops up constantly:

afs: Lost contact with file server 192.168.0.59 in cell domain.com (all
multi-homed ip addresses down for the server)
afs: file server 192.168.0.59 in cell domain.com is back up (multi-homed
address; other same-host interfaces may still be down)

The server itself is 192.168.0.59. The hostname and FQD name both resolve,
so that isn't the issue. It was working fine for months, then suddenly this
problem appeared.

Is it possible that the client is firing up and trying to run the cache scan
before the server is fully started?

Has anyone else seen this? It's driving me nuts....

thanks,
John Stotler