[OpenAFS] Commercial Support for OpenAFS

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:15:07 -0600 (CST)

> I was wondering if anyone knows if anyone is selling commercial support
> contracts for OpenAFS?  If not, what are the support options?  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

IBM, using IBM-AFS, rather than OpenAFS. http://www.transarc.ibm.com/

I had a support contract with them (techincally Transarc, I suppose) for
years before the split, and never used it.  The only thing we got out of
an active support contract was client support for new OS releases.  IMHO,
it's not worth it, now that there's OpenAFS.

For more info on the split of Transarc AFS into IBM-AFS and OpenAFS, see:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/os-afs.html

--
t. charles clancy <> tclancy@uiuc.edu <> www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy