[OpenAFS] AFS libs as .so file?

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
14 Dec 2001 08:39:00 +0100

I noticed that the AFS libs are built as static libraries and that no .so
files are built. One of the things I'm contemplating is to add an AFS
interface to my development environment (Smalltalk), and for that you need a
dynamically loadable object file with the AFS functionality in it.

One possibility would to just unpack all .a files and round'em up in one
big .so file, but I wonder if any work is underway to build one or more
.so files as a byproduct of the normal make process.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>