[OpenAFS] How much is ready?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:16:42 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, David J. M. Karlsen wrote:

> This was Cees de Groot's answer - and we were reffering to volumesizes -
> which can be larger than the 8GB size in arla and others.
> Does anybody know the maximum limit in the latest OpenAFS release?

Given that it's server-side, and I'm guessing you didn't use milko, "same
as arla". I don't actually know what the upper bound is.

> I had a look in the roadmap - and the 2GB limit for files is supposed to
> disappear some time in future - has the work begun?

not yet.

> are there any "big/new" releases scheduled for near future?

1.2.3 is coming, but offers only minor bug fixes and enhancements. 1.3.0
is coming as a development release. Again, no major new features.

> An other thing i wonder - is it possible to authenticate against LDAP
> instead of kerberos? (or is this planned?)

how would that work? LDAP servers don't typically provide true
authentication service; Provide an example? (This is not the same as you
stuff you unix crypt()'d password into LDAP and then use it to type
passwords against)

-D