[OpenAFS] openafs problem on Solaris 8

Dominic Lai dominic@cs.ust.hk
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:04:20 +0800

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 10:17:39AM -0500, Chas Williams (chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil) wrote:
> i reboot the ultra 10 in 32-bit mode and afs again ran fine for me.
> coud you try the kernel modules i am using?  you can download them from
> ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/chas/openafs/sun4x_58

I have recompiled openafs 1.0.1 again on Workshop 5.0 (sorry, but I only
have WS 5.0 in hand right now. :(  ).  The binaries work on some platforms,
but not on other platforms.

Workstation Type	CPU		arch		work or not
SparcStation 4		MicroSparc II	sun4m		ok
SparcStation 10		SuperSparc	sun4m		crash
SparcStation 20		SuperSparc	sun4m		crash
SparcServer 1000	SuperSparc	sun4d		crash
Ultra 2 (32-bit mode)	UltraSparc I	sun4u		ok
Ultra 2 (64-bit mode)	UltraSparc I	sun4u		ok

It seems that the compiled kernel binary only crashes on SuperSparc chip.
But when using your compiled kernel binary, it works on my SparcStation 20.
This convinces me that it seems to be the problem of Workshop 5.0.  :-(

Thanks Chas for the kind advices.

Dominic

--
Dominic Lai, Assistant Computer Officer, CS System Group
Computer Science Department, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology