[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on MacOS X

William Uther will=openafs@cs.cmu.edu
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 15:44:08 -0400

Hi,
  I've started using the Darwin OpenAFS client on MacOS X.  It seems to
work fine most of the time, but occasionally the finder, or sometimes some
other program, hangs looking to read /afs/.  (I suspect it is doing the
equivalent of 'ls -la /afs' and this is just taking forever.)

  I have added 'afs' to /.hidden.  That helps, but doesn't completely fix
the problem.  I don't ever want to look at /afs from the finder.  Is there
a way to force the finder never to look in this directory?  Is there some
other fix?

Thanks,

\x/ill          :-}