[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on MacOS X

Mitch Collinsworth mitch@ccmr.cornell.edu
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:07:16 -0400 (EDT)

Two workarounds I'm aware of.  Haven't tried either one as of yet,
but planning to eventually...

1) Latest arla release claims to include a tool that allows you to
prevent the Mac from looking in specified cells, or maybe it's to
just look in cells specified and no others.

2) Some people have gone to moving their mount points for foreign
cells to elsewhere than /afs, and then putting symlinks in /afs
pointing to the new location.  This way 'ls -l /afs' or its equivalent
will just see a bunch of symlinks.  This solution solves the same
problem on all client platforms simultaneously.

-Mitch