[OpenAFS] RedHat 7.1 SMP cache corruption

Andrej Filipcic andrej.filipcic@ijs.si
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 17:24:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, chas williams wrote:

> >I have problems with frequent cache corruption on AFS client. The system is
>
> what kind of corruption?  can you describe the problem you are seeing?

ls for example starts to output not only file list but also chunks with
content of some of them. The chunks do not always belong to files in the
directory being listed.

> >RedHat-7.1 running SGI's  2.4.5-SGI_XFS_1.0.1_PR3smp kernel, cache is on
> >xfs filesystem. I am using openafs snapshot from 2001.06.28. I have also tried
>
> i would shy away from running the cache on an xfs filesytem for the time
> being since that hasnt been tested.  while i dont see any particular problem
> with this configuration, you can get strange side effects.

I will check again with cache on ext2.

Andrej