[OpenAFS] RedHat 7.1 SMP cache corruption

chas williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 08:54:12 -0400

>I have problems with frequent cache corruption on AFS client. The system is

what kind of corruption?  can you describe the problem you are seeing?

>RedHat-7.1 running SGI's  2.4.5-SGI_XFS_1.0.1_PR3smp kernel, cache is on
>xfs filesystem. I am using openafs snapshot from 2001.06.28. I have also tried

i would shy away from running the cache on an xfs filesytem for the time
being since that hasnt been tested.  while i dont see any particular problem
with this configuration, you can get strange side effects.