[OpenAFS] Re: Drive Z not accessable

Christophe BERNARD bernard@cmm.ensmp.fr
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:48:43 +0200 (CEST)

I have no physical access to the windows client today (and I cannot
connect to it remotely ...)

I watched the logs on a window display to find out what was happening, and
I do not remember any error message besides that "device not accessable"
string. I must confess that most of the messages where a little obscure to
me however.

On the other hand, I noticed a strange message in /usr/afs/logs/FileLog in
the server:

Mon Jul  9 15:19:56 2001 File server starting
Mon Jul  9 15:19:56 2001 afs_krb_get_lrealm failed, using cmm.ensmp.fr.
Mon Jul  9 15:19:56 2001 VL_RegisterAddrs rpc failed; will retry
periodically (code=3D5376, err=3D4)

Does the 3rd line mean that the startup of some daemon did not complete
successfully ?

I will give you the detailed windows afs client log when I can get back to
that windows computer.

Regards,

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, James Peterson wrote:

>=20
> As you well know AFS uses UDP; however, since Authenication proceded
> correctly that seems to say AFS client can communicate with your AFS serv=
er
> and your cell name is correct.
>=20
> Since Authentcation (getting tokens) also went correctly it would say the
> file system (pioctl) was working correctly.
>=20
> I'm preplexed why you were unable to mount Z drive as that happens before
> Authenication.
>=20
> Would you please send me the afscli.log file:
>    go to Settings on the Win9x Control Panel and select Log to file
>    Select Connect
>    send me the afscli.log file located where you installed afscli (defaul=
t:
>    c:\afscli)
>=20
> James Peterson
> "Integrity is the base of excellence."
>=20
>=20
>=20

--=20
    Christophe BERNARD - Centre de Morphologie Math=E9matique
=C9cole des Mines de Paris - 35, rue Saint-Honor=E9 - 77305 Fontainebleau c=
edex
           t=E9l +33-1-64694775   - fax +33-1-64694707
        email bernard@cmm.ensmp.fr - http://cmm.ensmp.fr