[OpenAFS] running processes in afs space

Nicholas Basila nbasila@bottlecapnotes.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:01:10 -0400

I'm going to be running a perforce server in afs space, and I was
wondering how to handle it.
    Assuming that I have a unix uid called perforce, and created an
equivalent afs uid and a write-able volume for it: Do I have to have a
script that first gets a token as the perforce user (hard coded
password) or is there a better way? I could, of course, become the
perforce user, get a token, and then start the process in the
background, but that's a hassle when you need to restart the server. Am
I missing something?

Thanks,

Nicholas