[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.0.4a & Win2000 clients

Lauri Jutila lauri.jutila@mginetechnologies.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 18:21:24 +0300 (EEST)

Hello,

I installed OpenAFS 1.0.4a on RedHat 7.1 box, running 2.4.2 kernel. The
installation went fine, other Linux boxes are able to log in and use AFS
filespace. Microsoft world is little more troublematic; Win9x clients are
able to log in, but Win2k clients are not.

Client installation to Win2k works fine, thanks to new installer. After
configuring the service, I tried to obtain tokens, and the client reports:

The AFS client was unable to obtain tokens as <user> to cell <cellname>.
Error: 62 (the password was incorrect)

Indeed the entered password was correct. I tried to log with different
users, no luck. Client config locates servers and everything seems to be
in place, but authentication never works.

Any pointers on this and Windows 2000 installation notes/issues
altogether?