[OpenAFS] packet sniffing and file content

David R Boldt dboldt@usgs.gov
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:44:12 -0400

Derek,

was this added after the IBM/Transarc fork, or was it available
in the original code?  I have IBM/Transarc clients, and this
seems not to be an option for them.

one of the AFS support people from IBM was under the impression
that IBM might incorporate enhancements developed by OpenAFS;
do you have any sense of this?

                                          -- David Boldt
                                             <dboldt@usgs.gov>

                    Derek Atkins
                    <warlord@MIT.        To:     David Boldt <dboldt@usgs.gov>
                    EDU>                 cc:     openafs-info@openafs.org
                                         Subject:     Re: [OpenAFS] packet sniffing
                    07/13/01             and file content
                    10:17 AM

"fs setcrypt on" on the client will turn on file encryption.  It
only uses fcrypt(), which only provides token encryption, but
it is better than cleartext.

There is work underway to improve this.

-derek