[OpenAFS] arg, ssh and afs was the subject

Patrick J. LoPresti patl@curl.com
17 Jul 2001 10:18:38 -0400

Sam Hartman <hartmans@mekinok.com> writes:

> I would seriously consider grabbing one of the PAM modules discussed
> previously on this list.  It is useful with more than just openssh and
> it prevents you from having AFS dependencies in Openssh.

Suppose I have a Kerberos 5 environment.  Could I use OpenSSH with RSA
authentication (no password), configure OpenSSH to forward my Kerberos
tickets, and then use one of the PAM modules to obtain AFS tokens?

I suspect the answer is "yes", but I am a curious whether anybody is
actually doing this and exactly what their SSH and PAM configurations
are.

 - Pat