[OpenAFS] RE: OpenAFS-info digest, Vol 1 #238 - 15 msgs

Cameron, Frank cameron@ctc.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:34:35 -0400

Brandon,

Do you need to install NetBEUI for the AFS client?  I'm running the IBM
client on several W2K boxes using NetBIOS over TCP/IP.

Is your NT domain an NT4 style domain or an Active Directory domain?

On W2K the NeBIOS over TCP/IP setting is found in:
	Network and Dial-up Connections
	Properties of network connection
	Properties of TCP/IP
	WINS
		There will be three setings:
		Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
		Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
		Use NetBIOS setting from DHCP server

The default setting is to enable NetBIOS only if the DHCP server provides
a WINS server.  If you are using Active Directory you may not have WINS
servers so NetBIOS would end up disabled.  (You can see if you have WINS
servers by running 'ipconfig /all' from the command prompt.)

-frank