Correction - [OpenAFS] Win2K command line drive mapping

James Peterson jimpeter@us.ibm.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:31:51 -0700

I wish I had a definitive answer, although Jeff and I are looking into this
arena.

I think you have a problem with name resolution, if you change the NET USE
statement to use the share name rather than 'AFS' (a must for Win9x
client), you will probably get better results.

The share name can be determined by the following:
   Start the AFS Client Configuration
   Select Tab - Drive Letters
   Select - Advanced

The submount name (YourShareName) associated with the AFS Path = \afs is
the share name you want to use.

Your command would then look like:  NET USE \\%ComputerName%\YourShareName

James Peterson
"Integrity is the base of excellence."