Correction - [OpenAFS] Win2K command line drive mapping

Dj Merrill deej@thayer.dartmouth.edu
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:53:22 -0400

James Peterson wrote:

> I wish I had a definitive answer, although Jeff and I are looking into this
> arena.
>
> I think you have a problem with name resolution, if you change the NET USE
> statement to use the share name rather than 'AFS' (a must for Win9x
> client), you will probably get better results.
>
> The share name can be determined by the following:
>    Start the AFS Client Configuration
>    Select Tab - Drive Letters
>    Select - Advanced
>
> The submount name (YourShareName) associated with the AFS Path = \afs is
> the share name you want to use.
>
> Your command would then look like:  NET USE \\%ComputerName%\YourShareName
>
> James Peterson
> "Integrity is the base of excellence."

Hi James,
    This seems to work fine if I manually define a submount
"afsspace" pointing to "\afs", then use
net use t: \\%ComputerName%-afs\afsspace

Thanks!

-Dj

--
---
Dj Merrill                          Thayer School of Engineering

"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it
said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux."   - Anonymous