[OpenAFS] IRIX and 'nonfs' kernel modules

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
18 Jul 2001 11:03:30 -0400

Jason Edgecombe <jedgecombe@carolina.rr.com> writes:

> P.S. by the way guys, the sgi version of openafs (as of yesterday, 1.04
> I think) is missing all of the kernel modules for an nfs kernel.

You misunderstand the 'nonfs' part.  The 'nonfs' means that the AFS
module does not include the AFSxNFS translator.  You can still load
the module into a kernel that has NFS support.  You just can't re-export
AFS via NFS.

-derek