[OpenAFS] 1.1.0 client on RH 7.1

Rudolph T Maceyko rtm@cert.org
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:06:21 -0400

The spec file for openafs-client lists /afs as a directory owned by the
openafs-client RPM:

%files client
%defattr(-,root,root)
%dir /afs
  .
  .
  .

This precludes installing the RPM when AFS is running.  Our in-house
RPMs have not taken ownership of /afs, so we haven't run into this
prior to using the spec file from OpenAFS.

It seems like a good idea to have /afs listed in the RPM database, but
then again it seems (to us anyway) to be a good idea to be able to
update AFS on a running system.

I'm not sure what you can do about it...  Can you mark a %dir to also
be %config?  I haven't tried that yet...

-Rudy