[OpenAFS] Open AFS vs. IBM AFS

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:28:46 -0500

We've got 5 linux and 1 ultrasparc based servers totalling around 1.6 TB.
Most of that is on the linux servers. We've had much better luck with the
linux servers than the suns, and performance is significantly better.

All the linux servers are currently running OpenAFS w/ the fast-restart and
bitmap-later code enabled.

-- Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael.Robokoff@netaspx.com [mailto:Michael.Robokoff@netaspx.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 10:35 AM
To: Nordwall, Douglas J
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: RE: [OpenAFS] Open AFS vs. IBM AFS

The Linux machines that are running Open AFS, are they strictly clients or
are some file or database servers?
We are currently using the Open AFS on Linux machines as a client but I am
really interested to see if
they play well as servers.

Michael Robokoff

	"Nordwall, Douglas J" <Nordwall@pnl.gov>

07/24/2001 09:45 AM

        To:        "'Michael.Robokoff@netaspx.com'"
<Michael.Robokoff@netaspx.com>, openafs-info@openafs.org
        cc:

Here at pnl we run a lot of our linux machines on OpenAFS, due to the 30
minute response time for bugfixes :) Our servers are solaris with
transarc/ibm afs. It seems to work rather flawlessly. The server thing I am
not sure about, we have not tried it yet.