[OpenAFS] 1.1.0 client on RH 7.1

Sam Hartman hartmans@mekinok.com
26 Jul 2001 18:27:20 -0400

    Jeffrey> Maybe, but it becomes different when you're supporting a
    Jeffrey> dozen platforms, all of which have different package
    Jeffrey> systems, except for the ones that don't have a package
    Jeffrey> system at all.  Some of us distribute software in other
    Jeffrey> ways, and have no intention of changing anytime soon.

While I realize that CMU doesn't plan on changing any time soon,
solving the general problem of how sites that do want a cross-platform
solution for deploying software with the benfits of RPM/dpkg/AIX
install/SGI inst should do is a very interesting question.  I suspect
the ultimate answer to this question will have significant impact for
the AFS community.  I've become convinced that the question needs an
answer, but have made no progress in the direction of answering the
question.