[OpenAFS] 1.1.0 client on RH 7.1

Rudolph T Maceyko rtm@cert.org
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:09:22 -0400

Jeff,

--On Thursday, July 26, 2001 17:03:46 -0400 Jeffrey Hutzelman
<jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:

> Maybe, but it becomes different when you're supporting a dozen
> platforms, all of which have different package systems, except for
> the ones that don't have a package system at all.  Some of us
> distribute software in other ways, and have no intention of changing
> anytime soon.

Sure and we have an older softare-delivery system that we use for our
Solaris boxes...  But we were talking about Red Hat RPMS here, and
somehow got derailed on this system-wide network-based distribution
stuff :-)

I think everyone's in agreement about the *optional*
openafs-client-compat RPM now.

Rudy