[OpenAFS] Problems with access to /afs

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
01 Jun 2001 13:36:06 +0200

Jacob Gorm Hansen <jg@ioi.dk> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 10:19:16AM +0200, Martin Schulz wrote:
> > So you're using the migration kit?
>
> Yes, aklog and asetky from the debian package.
>
> > > - Or, if we try
> > > aklog ioi.dk -k IOI.DK
> > >
> > > tokens says:
> > > Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
> > >
> > > User's (AFS ID 1) tokens for afs@ioi.dk [Expires Jun  1 10:45]
> > >    --End of list--
> >
> > That looks better. What does "pts examine 1" says?
> >

> I think my main problem is that every time I try to use pts it fails with a
>
> $ pts examine system:administrators
> pts: security object was passed a bad ticket so couldn't look up names
>
> Or similar error relating to a bad ticket. Why is my ticket bad when tokens
> says I have one???

I once had a problem with similar symptoms, that could be solved by
using special encryption keys for afs pricipal (any other too?)

Did you read the posts of F. Whitcher and me about the
"-eSomeKeytype:afs" problematic?

> Anything pts fails with a bad ticket :-(

the pts command has a -noauth flag. Did you try that? (I think this
requires beeing root on the server machine, or something)

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung