[OpenAFS] AFS server/cell setup tool (Linux)

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
01 Jun 2001 16:37:11 +0200

Sam Hartman <hartmans@mit.edu> writes:

> I've come fairly close to doing this for Debian.  I'm not sure how
> generalizable the krb5 steps are for non-Debian though because Redhat
> doesn't have an easy way to set up a krb5 realm.

Oh, the krb5 was not a big problem with redhat. That wasn't hard. I
don't even remeber the details: I had the MIT manual and had only to
figure out what redhat had already done for me, and what I still had
to do myself then.

For my needs, it would be (would have been) perfect supposing a MIT
krb5 is already up and running. It was the afs integration afterwards
I that I so had much problems with.

The whole thing of this uncertainty "Should I really setup kaserver
first or shouldn't I try to merge the migration step into the
installation?", "how does this and that is supposed to work then"
combined with several compilation problems and instabilities of my
linux server (I have switched to SUN as afs server because of this)
can be quite irritating.

Is there some site on the 'net where your approach is documented?

I started to gather some infos for "afs starters with krb5" on

http://www.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de/~schulz/Unix/afs/afs-krb5.html

I would put I link to your site then.

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung