(Fwd) [OpenAFS] WinNT/2000 with NetWare client, password problem

Brent Putman putmanb@georgetown.edu
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 11:33:51 -0400

Thanks for the suggestions.  I tried re-applying SP6a for NT 4, but that didn't
help.  Actually, all my previous testing had been with manually obtaining tokens
using the toolbar utility, I had not enabled the integrated logon option.  I
tried enabling that option and created an AFS user with the same userid and
password as is used for the NT/NetWare logon, but no luck: during the login
process I get a dialog with the error "Integrated login failed: password
incorrect".  This userid/password also doesn't work with manual logon.  This
account (indeed all AFS accounts) works just fine from Solaris and Linux
clients.

So you are using the commercial IBM/Transarc client, not the OpenAFS one?  Are
there any differences between the two, I wonder - system libraries, API calls
used, etc?

--Brent