[OpenAFS] Userland NFS-AFS translator?

titi@elonga.com titi@elonga.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:44:57 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Is there possible to have nfs NFS-AFS proxy to be compiled and deployed
on unsuported Unix machine (e.g. SCO Unixware).
The minimal configuration I hope to get running is:

System1 - Unixware client NFS machine.
        - NFS-AFS translator, runs as NFS server for localhost and AFS
          client of the two AFS servers.
System2 - Linux 1st AFS server
        - serves requests from System1
System3 - Linux 2nd AFS server (replicating the 1st Linux)
        - runs as AFS replica for System2
        - takes over as server for System1 when System2 dies.

This configuration won't require kernel support for AFS on System1 but
provides failover filesystem when System2 crashes.

I know there is possible to have NFS-AFS translator running on System2 or
3, but in this case the fail-over capability intrinsec to AFS is lost.
If System2 crashes, then System1's NFS connection hangs. Or isnt?

Thanks,

Cezar Totth