[OpenAFS] redhat 7.1, smp...

Corey Kovacs ckovacs@DEPAUW.EDU
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 13:07:50 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_N8rF/B9gq85QQ8C1PEGXjQ)

I just did the same thing a few days ago (minus reiserfs) with the same results.
I ended up rebuilding the whole openafs rpm set and now it works great, although
the
afs startup script doesn't pick up the right kernel version string so I made a link

to the afs module and it's been working fine so far.

Someone had asked me to revert back to see if I could replicate/narrow down
the problem. So far I've not had time to do so as I need to get ldap working
next. once that is done I might "downgrade" and try some experiments.

At least I wasn't the only one having a problem...

Corey

"Nordwall, Douglas J" wrote:

> alrighty, here's the issue. regular default install of redhat 7.1. I made a
> filesystem reiserfs, but that should not really be an issue, since it's not
> touching anything afs (it's /var/www, but that's irrelevant). Anyways. I tried
> installing with the rpm. It installs just fine, completely smooth. I edit
> /usr/vice/etc/ThisCell, and take out all the extraneous entries in
> /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB (we only need msrc.pnl.gov, which is not quite correct,
> but anyways..). I doublecheck I have /lib/security/libafs.so symlinked right,
> and that i hvae the right kernel module available. All there.
>
> So I start it...it runs! yea! Alright, now, to get some tokens..klog <user>..it
> works! type in toeksn, I have the correct tokens. ls /afs .....hang. when I say
> hang, I mean it hangs the shell. new xterm for me. so I try again, listing
> something a little deeper..no go, still hangs...
>
> nothing in the logs of note, just hangs...
>
> any ideas? I should note that this only happens on smp machines. same thing on a
> single processor works fine, even with an smp kernel.
>
> --Doug Nordwall

Corey Kovacs               "I know not with what weapons World War III
Computer Science Dept.      will be fought, but World War IV will be
DePauw University.          fought with sticks and stones."
765.658.4761                            - Albert Einstein

--Boundary_(ID_N8rF/B9gq85QQ8C1PEGXjQ)

I just did the same thing a few days ago (minus reiserfs) with the same
results.
although the
so I made a link
down
working
of redhat 7.1. I made a
it's not
I tried
I edit
correct,
right,
&lt;user>..it
when I say
listing
thing on a

<pre>--&nbsp;
Corey Kovacs&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "I know not with what weapons World War III
Computer Science Dept.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; will be fought, but World War IV will be
DePauw University.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; fought with sticks and stones."
765.658.4761&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Albert Einstein</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--Boundary_(ID_N8rF/B9gq85QQ8C1PEGXjQ)--