[OpenAFS] AFS 3.6 servers with 3.4a clients

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:07:14 -0500

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Art Freeman wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of any problems using 3.6 file and database servers with 3.4a clients?  I am also curious if anyone on this list
> > maintains large numbers of SunOS 3.4a clients in a cell with 3.6 servers.  Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> I know of no issues, however my installation is not large. I have a single
> 3.4a SunOS client in a cell with 2 servers, one Linux running OpenAFS, the
> other SunOS running a 3.4a fileserver and OpenAFS db servers.

We had and still have a lot of 3.4a clients, although the numbers are
slowly dwindling. Never had any problems with any file server/client
combination. We used to have a lot of Solaris 2.5,2.6 machines running
3.4a. Our remaining 3.4a clients are all HP's.

-- Nathan

CIS - Systems Programming                Fax: (573) 341-4216