[OpenAFS] A question about volume replication

wangkun@legend.com wangkun@legend.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:40:23 +0800

I have three servers machines in my cell,one first server,two addtional
server.All the three are both file server and database server.
I made an examination on volume replication to see what could happen by
replicating some volumes on all the three machines. In my oppinion:
      when the first server corrupts,AFS system can run normally;
      when the machine with the original R/W volume corrputs,other readonly
copys can work proper           although they refuse any modification.
But nothing desirable happened!I saw that:
      when the first server corrupts,AFS system dies.
      when the machine with the original R/W volume corrputs,you can not
see the directory on which the R/W volume has mounted,saying nothing of
access it or its readonly copys.
I must make some mistake and need help.Thanks in advance.

Regards

wangkun