[OpenAFS] PAGs aklog and PAM

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:49:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Charles Clancy wrote:

> > ... if shared libraries were available,
>
> Why aren't they?  Is there an option to generate them at compile time?  I
> remember having the same problem with Kerberos not generating them by
> default.  I've been using the binaries from the website because I don't
> have Sun's compiler.

libafsrpc/libafsauthent were basically designed for that purpose,
even if they're not being built that way right now. the easiest way to
portably build shared libraries is with libtool. i dislike libtool with a
passion simply because it's hurt me so many times but i think in the near
future that may be a credible option in this case to build shared versions
of those libraries where possible.