[OpenAFS] (can't find cell 'afsvol' in cell database)

Jeffrey Hutzelman Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu>
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 01:41:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Brett Simpson wrote:

> After running "./bos create webserver kaserver simple
> /usr/afs/bin/kaserver -cell afsvol -noauth" I get "bos: could not find
> entry (can't find cell 'afsvol' in cell database)".

> I did run the "./bos setcellname webserver afsvol -noauth" and "./bos
> listhosts webserver -noauth" shows afsvol as the cell for host1
> (webserver).

The problem here is that /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB (the client cell
database) does not contain an entry for your cell.  I would suggest
dropping the -cell argument; you don't need it in this case.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer