[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Soft mounts for /afs root

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
14 Jun 2001 13:01:42 -0400

Ted McCabe <ted@MIT.EDU> writes:

> I think the implicit method would simply replace one 'FileViewer'
> problem with another, more serious problem; namely how does the user
> make that initial, implicit access?

Well, *I* would just "cd /afs/my-favorite-cell/path"..  But you're
right that implicit attachment would be more difficult from a
file-viewer without user input.  Perhaps we want a combination
of implicit _and_ explicit functionality?

I'd like to be able to "cd /afs/my-favorite-cell" and have it work,
but that doesn't prevent us from having an application that can
install "/afs/my-favorite-cell" just like Athena's "attach" does.

>     --Ted

-derek