[OpenAFS] Soft mounts for /afs root

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:38:57 -0400

At 4:41 PM -0700 6/13/01, Jeff Riegel wrote:
>We have been looking into modifying the AFS client to support
>"soft mounts" for the AFS root directory.  [...]

>We'd like to get feedback from the AFS user community regarding
>this project.

My first feedback is that I think I'm only going to reply on
the openafs-devel mailing list [except for this message, of
course...]

I see that the way these mailing lists work, the 'subject'
line gets all screwed up if people are replying to multiple
lists.  Eg:

     [OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Soft mounts for /afs root
     [OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] Soft mounts for /afs root
     Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] Soft mounts for /afs root