[OpenAFS] problem running openafs client on linux-2.4.5

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Jun 2001 09:34:52 -0400

Claude Lecommandeur <claude.lecommandeur@epfl.ch> writes:

> [pid 17337] afs_syscall(0x1c, 0x30, 0x190, 0, 0) = -1 E2BIG (Argument list too long)
> [pid 17337] _exit(1)                    = ?

This afs_syscall is to AFSCALL_CALL, AFSOP_RXLISTENER_DAEMON, which
should be starting the RX Listener.  I'm not sure where the E2BIG error
is coming from.  Did you see anything in your kernel logs, such as
"AFS: RX failed to initialize."?

To openafs-devel: there are a lot of places in the kernel module where
return values are ignored.  I'm wondering if better return-code
checking would help track this particular problem down?

-derek