[OpenAFS] Error:quorum not elected (Linux)

Tariq Kara karat@somewhere.umd.edu
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:31:36 -0400 (EDT)

Just started with the installation on Redhat 7.1 kernel
2.4.2-2.  Compilation was smooth without error messages.  I was following
the instructions on IBM's page and I was able to start the bosserver and
was able to create instances of kaserver,ptserver buserver etc.  Now after
that under the Section Initializing Cell Security you ahve to create two
users.  I tried to issue the commands there but this is what I'm getting

ka> create afs
initial_password:
Verifying, please re-enter initial_password:
Creating user afs  : [u] no quorum elected, wait one second
Creating user afs  : [u] no quorum elected, wait one second
..repeated 10-15 times
Creating user afs  : [____] server or network not responding

and then it quits.

The authentication server seems to be running fine when I look at the
status of the servers.

Instance kaserver, currently running normally.
Instance buserver, currently running normally.
Instance ptserver, currently running normally.
Instance vlserver, currently running normally.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks