Getting started from Redhat RPMs. Was Re: [OpenAFS] compiling for SuSE 7.1

Matthew Easton matthew@sublunar.com
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:03:19 -0700

First off, Thank you Brandon Allbery for the patch you sent me.
Unfortunately I didn't actually get up and running with compiling from
source.  I suspect it's more my lack of knowledge or the somewhat locked
down configuration of the host, than anything wrong with the patch itself.
In the end, I decided I might be better off using a less necessary computer.
 And since I was changing computers I thought a default Redhat 7.1 install
using the available RPMs might get me up to speed a little faster.

Going through the quick beginnings guide, I am at the point of adding afs
and admin accounts:

# kas -cell sublunar.com -noauth
ka> create afs
initial_password:
Verifying, please reenter_password:
Creating user afs  : [_____] server or network not responding

So what's up with that? Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks.