[OpenAFS] Kerberos v5 / AFS / and a Mac running MacOS9 or Earlier..

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:10:48 -0400

On Saturday, June 23, 2001 14:37:57 -0500, Thomas Cherryhomes
<thomasc@apogeemm.com> wrote:
+-----
| Is there a cohesive solution existing to allow for Macintosh users
| running pre-OSX macOS to log into a kerberos domain and access /afs ??
|
| I know I could mount the /afs shares via netatalk, but that would pretty
| much kill the kerberos security....
+--->8

I patched netatalk to use srvtabs; this also means users don't suddenly
have file accesses lose when their tokens expire, as netatalk renews tokens
as necessary.  But it also means having to store srvtabs for AppleShare
users.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]         allbery@ece.cmu.edu