[OpenAFS] Passwords between Kerberos 5 & AFS

Brett Simpson Simpsonb@hillsboroughcounty.org
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:53:52 -0400

I figured out the problem. I think Openafs was trying to pass the password =
via Kerberos v4 once it hit the=20
auth  sufficient /lib/security/pam_afs.so try_first_pass ignore_root

Since I'm not using any v4 compatibility I changed this line to point to =
pam_krb5afs.so and it works. This came with pam_krb5-1.31-1.i386.rpm on =
Redhat 7.1.

auth  sufficient /lib/security/pam_krb5afs.so try_first_pass ignore_root

Now I can login with the kerberos password without it prompting me for the =
password for the openafs account if it's different.